Tuesday, February 20, 2007

V for Vendetta


After much searching, I finally found the transcript for the movie "V for Vendetta".

This movie should have alot of meaning for all right-thinking citizens of Fiji, especially post December 5, 2006.

In many ways, the movie was my inspiration to set up this blog and participate (in my own little way) in the struggle for freedom and democracy in Fiji. It was also the vehicle which first exposed me to the notion of "inevitable democracy", a notion I will be revisiting quite regularly on this blog.

For the moment, I would like to engage your sense of patriotism through the now famous "V Speech" given in the movie by the shadowy freedom fighter simply known as "V" to the character played by Natalie Portman.

I hope you enjoy the clever use of alliterations. I know I did.


"This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished, as the once vital voice of the verisimilitude now venerates what they once vilified. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose vis-à-vis an introduction, and so it is my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V."


God Bless Fiji (and the creators of "V")!